Friday, December 9, 2011

Hanging on the Telephone

Without doubt, one of the most regularly reported aspects of Men in Black phenomena is that of so-called "telephone-interference." For decades, numerous witnesses to UFO activity, as well as investigators of the subject, have experienced this particularly weird intrusion.

Strange noises, robotic voices, and electronic bleeps are all part and parcel of the telephone-interference enigma.

And, you can find out more about this MIB-themed mystery at a new Mysterious Universe post on the subject from good mate Micah Hanks.

Here's where it gets even weirder.

A few days ago, while he was in the process of writing the article, Micah emailed me and asked if I had ever experienced classic telephone-interference. I replied that, no, I had not.

Maybe I spoke too soon...

Last night, from 7PM to 8PM I was recorded for an episode of Dr. Rita Louise's Just Energy Radio show on the subject of my book, The Real Men in Black.

Here's the link to Rita's show, and keep a look-out for the interview with me, which should be airing very soon.

Anyway, during the course of the interview, we discussed numerous MIB-based topics, such as the curious saga of Albert Bender, the MIB experiences of author Marie D. Jones that I relate in The Real Men in Black, and the paranormal aspects of the MIB mystery.

When we got to the section of the interview about telephone interference, however, all hell broke loose.

Rita told me she could hear weird noises on the phone, strange interference, and much more. I told her, in my opinion, if this was not a case of coincidence (and the timing most strongly suggests it was not!) then maybe someone really was listening in and playing a few mind-games of the MIB variety.

I haven't heard the recording myself, but when the show airs, listen carefully (as I will!) and see what you make of it!

12 comments:

  1. No mameeeees!

    I clicked on the link, and the show was actually marked "On Air", so I clicked on it, and sure enough it was in the middle of the interview.

    As I was wondering if the incident had already happened, you were explaining about your friend in Califonia who felt intimidated by the MIB, and started talking about phones. That's when I knew I had caught the show in time to hear the clicking incident. i checked the clock and it was 3:29pm (Mexico city time), so I can of 'dared' it, you know. I thought "if the clicking incident occurs at 3:33 in my clock, I'm going to piss my pants right here right now."

    Sure enough, the first click happened at 3:33 (not right on cue, but during that minute).

    So, if you'll excuse me, I need to change my pants...

    PS: And the captcha turned out to be "seconses", which sounds a lot like "seconds"...

    o_O

    ReplyDelete
  2. RPJ:
    Thanks! That's very weird - almost like there's something in the air...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what's even weirder re the 3:33 thing? The person who I was speaking about was Marie Jones. Marie is the co-author of the book 11:11 - The Time Prompt Phenomenon. That book includes weird stuff occurring at...yep...3:33!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I once suffered a sleep paralysis episode; when I came out of it, it was... 3:33 am

    Mind you, it wasn't the only sleep paralysis I've experienced. But that one stuck with me because of that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funnily enough, I've recently been waking early and, when I've turned on the radio to see what time it was, it's been 4:44 more than a half dozen times.

    If that wasn't curious enough, the land-line phone has been dead for months and rang twice last week. Who uses land-line phones any more?

    I'm putting it all down to coincidence and electrical perversity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. K:

    There's definitely something weird going on!

    Re land-lines - you might be surprised how much they are in use in the paranormal field, and, in fact, have to be. As an example, most radio-shows absolutely insist on land-lines for interviews, and wont take interviews via cells.

    Of course, it could be suggested that this allows even more surveillance - after all, what better way for officialdom to know what Fortean/UFO authors are up to than to listen in on landline-based radio pre-recordings as per the Dr. Rita show case!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find my default avoidance of the weirder possibilities more reassuring. Despite this, I've mentioned the '4:44' to a few people and they thought it was quite odd.

    Saying that, the amount of times conversations meet with timely interference during podcasts is pretty remarkable.

    As ever, I'll listen to the show.

    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting article and discussion, guys. While some apparent phone oddities are likely due to reasonable explanations, others indeed seem to virtually defy odds of probability and at least imply less conventional explanations.

    Some of you are no doubt aware such phone anomalies were considered many years ago and bled into subject matter referred to as 'numbers games,' among other terms and descriptions. For those interested in further reading, I recommend a Martin Cannon article published in an old issue of The Anomalist:

    http://www.anomalist.com/print/TA1.PDF

    Thanks for the interesting posts, Nick. Your work is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Jack! I'll have a read of the link.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Jack - that's a great article. Back in the 90s, I heard the 'spook' signals broadcast on SW/LW radio. It was only around '98 when I found websites discussing them did it become apparent they were Intel-based.

    My mind was running along those lines before Cannon made the suggestion. The mind-control aspect is a 'maybe,' but not one of favourites. I also had to chuckle at the notion that Bill Cooper was walking the dog of his insanity, dead drunk, chanting numbers into the ether. 'Wake up!'

    Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you found the link of interest, Kandinsky. It is indeed all thought provocative.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've thought about it quite a lot, Jack. It's got a lot of fascinating connotations in there. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete